Subscribe to Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Introduction

My grandson, Roman, and I.
 Hello all,

I am Lieutenant Donald "Don" Ridley with the Oxford Police Department in Oxford, Alabama.  I have been in law enforcement now for about 19 years.  I am currently assigned to the Uniform Division as commander of B-Shift.  I am also over my department's Traffic Homicide Unit and the Honor Guard.  Prior to law enforcement I was on active duty U.S. Army for a few years.  I am also a Master Mason under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Alabama F&AM. 

I created this blog to document my journey to, and through, the FBI National Academy (FBINA) in Quantico, Virginia.  For those that don't know, the FBINA is the pinnacle of training in the law enforcement world.  Less than 1 percent of law enforcement in the United States gets the opportunity to go.  It lasts 10-11 weeks and is held at the same facilities as the FBI Academy itself.

I am incredibly honored to have been given the opportunity to attend this training!!  A HUGE thank you to Chief Partridge (also an NA graduate)!!!  Thank you to the Mayor and City Council for your support.   Thank you to my coworkers and especially the men and women of B-Shift.  A leader is not an island unto himself but is the product of great teamwork!  Thank you to my FBI coordinator, Season Allen, who has followed and helped every step of the way.  Last but not least, thank you to my friends and family for helping me prepare and listening to me ad nauseam about the FBINA!  

Don

Some of my family.  From left to right:  Hayley (awesome daughter-in-law), Steven (my incredible son and Hayley's husband), me, Scarlett (my super smart daughter).

OPD Honor Guard in the Sentinel Quarters in May 2014. (I'm the really short guy in front)


An example of one of my crash investigations.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have created a blog to record this amazing journey. You'll be glad you recorded the events of school after it's over and you have that Yellow Brick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely!! Can't wait to have that brick!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. I'll be joining you in 268. See you April 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! I look forward to meeting you!

      I'm very excited for this opportunity!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for stopping by!! I'm looking forward to meeting you!

      Delete