Subscribe to Blog

Saturday, April 15, 2017

End of 2nd Week

Well it is the end of the second week here at Quantico.  Everyone seemed tired this week.  I think that was because this was the first full week of classes and physical training.  Regarding physical training; It's as hard as you want it to be.  The instructors know that everyone is not a marathon runner or champion athlete.  It is up to the person to challenge themselves.  I was pretty sore and beat up after the PT.

The classes are going well.  I am spending this weekend finishing up everything that I can for this session.  I was invited to go with some other students to the Marine Corps Museum this morning (Saturday, 4/15/17).  It is a great place to visit and it is free.  You will appreciate anything here that is free.  I am about to go eat in the free cafeteria.  LOL.

Oh, we had our first enrichment speaker on Thursday.  The speaker was retired Marine Corps Lieutenant General (that's 3 stars if you didn't know) George Flynn.  He gave an awesome and down to earth speech on leadership.  He also spoke at length about his experiences with our current Secretary of Defense, James Mattis.  He spoke very highly of Secretary Mattis.  I got a chance to meet LTG Flynn and have my picture made with him.

 
Lieutenant General (Ret) George Flynn, United States Marine Corps and I.

Lieutenant General Flynn at his retirement ceremony.
Anyway, everything is going great.  I have to admit that I do miss sleeping in my own bed.  I miss my family and I miss my girlfriend.  However, I have met so many wonderful people here.  The FBI Academy itself is well run and the staff is very professional.

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. So glad it's going great. Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the updates, I am on deck...269th! The information is very helpful and I am getting even more motivated to attend. Stay safe and enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete