Subscribe to Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

7 Weeks Down

It has been busy here at the FBI National Academy.  I am a little late getting my week 7 blog entry made.

Yukiko Yoshinaga from Tokyo, Japan, and I
Week 7 included the highly anticipated International Night.  There were culinary examples from 23 countries available to sample.  There were also many beverages on hand (Special thanks to my German counterparts).

Anton Wahlig (Germany) and I
Academically, things are starting to wind down.  Final papers, projects, and tests are being completed.  Students are looking forward to the quickly approaching graduation.  I think we all are looking forward to sleeping in our own beds.

I actually sustained an injury Tuesday, 5/16/2017, while pulling a weighted sled during physical training.  Anyway, I was in some serious pain for a few days.  I still don't feel 100% but all I have left is a one mile timed run and the Yellow Brick Road.   I received an outpouring of support from my classmates.  It is greatly appreciated!

I finished out the week with a brief weekend getaway in Charlotte, North Carolina with my wonderful girlfriend Stacy.  Charlotte is roughly the halfway point between the academy and home.  We enjoyed a carriage ride through the city.  Visited a park and a beer brewery (Triple C Brewery).  The beer wasn't really our style but we enjoyed our time there nonetheless. 

Stacy and I in the carriage

Beautiful view of Charlotte, North Carolina

Anyway, on to week 8.....





No comments:

Post a Comment