Subscribe to Blog

Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 8 in the Books

Well, week 8 has come to an end and, technically, today is the beginning of week 9.  Today is Memorial Day so many people are back home spending time with their families.

Week 8 really flew by so quick I can barely remember it.  We had the last of the challenges before the Yellow Brick Road.  This was the one mile timed run.  I think everyone in my section passed.  I'm very proud of that.  I have to say, I think our section has done really well overall.  Couldn't be more pleased with Section 5!

I drove about 30 miles north of here yesterday and visited the George Washington National Masonic Memorial yesterday.  As a Freemason, it is one of those things I had always wanted to see.  It's actually bigger in person than I had imagined. 
At the George Washington National Masonic Memorial
Things are starting to wrap up as far as school is concerned. I have one group presentation remaining in my forensics class.  I also have my final test in legal.  By the way, just because an instructor gives you an "open book test", don't assume it's going to be easy.  It's not.  That is actually a clue to its difficulty.  In that you will need your book just to pass it. 

The folks from Louisiana held a Louisiana Night.  They had crayfish, shrimp, gumbo, and foods from Louisiana. It was great food and fellowship.  Week 9 will see Texas Night.

Anyway, that is all for now.

See you in a few days......



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like every week has been an adventure in and of itself.
    I look forward to hearing the stories from your great adventure.

    ReplyDelete